About the sector
Impact investment and social enterprise are amongst the fastest growing industry sectors in the world. Impact investment is an estimated $1Trillion global market growing at a high double-digit CAGR as the world comes to grips with climate, pandemic and inequality crises and need for systems-change in the worlds of finance and entrepreneurship.
About Impact Seed
Founded in 2015, Impact Seed is a proud B-Corp and WA’s leading market builder for impact investment, measurement and social enterprise. We are in the business of systems-change finance and entrepreneurship…network connectors and builder,s supporting policy advocacy with government, developers and co-managers of the $20M WA Impact Fund which invests in regenerative agriculture, social enterprise and purpose drive community ventures that create social impact jobs.
Impact Seed builds both market supply and demand for impact investment with not-for-profits, social entrepreneurs, government, corporates, investors and foundations. We have three key areas of work:
Impact Venture Consulting
- Investment readiness building for impact ventures
- Incubation, capacity building and bespoke business building support for new purpose-driven social and environmental impact enterprises,
- Helping existing businesses to transition into impact,
- Certified B-Lab B Corp, with B-Consultant on staff.
Impact Measurement and Management
- Building fit-for-purpose strategic impact frameworks.
- Measurement and evaluation,
- Development of Impact Management Strategy (IMS), verification and audits,
- Impact communication,
- Origination and deal sourcing for impact investors,
- Assisting impact businesses with raising capital,
- Impact investment management.
ABOUT THE ROLES
- General Manager – Consulting: A newly created leadership role with Impact Seed. The successful candidate must be a systems thinker, purpose driven, and have at least 10 years commercial business experience, parallel to a depth of practical client consulting and delivery capability including in the NFP and Aboriginal business sector, with demonstrable economic development understanding. We’re not ashamed to admit that we are hunting for a unicorn (verging on a rare ‘co-founder’ type) for this role, someone who will lead both internal and external stakeholder engagement. More info here.
- Impact Venture Consultant: Our venture consulting practice is the foundation of Impact Seed’s capacity building work and we’re looking for a passionate innovator who can hit the ground running with our fee for service and pro bono clients in the impact venture and social enterprise space. Impact investment and impact ventures cut across all business sectors, from farming to service and retail, from clean energy and property to Aboriginal economic development and entrepreneurship and your background will reflect at least 5 years commercial or consulting experience in this space. More here.
- Impact Research Analyst (UNDER CONTRACT AS AT 9 OCTOBER 2021): Impact Management Strategies and Systems are an essential component of most all deep impact investments and grant funded programs, and our team has led some of Western Australia’s key impact management and outcomes planning projects for funds, investees and government, as well as carrying B Corp certification and a B Consultant on staff. This role will directly support our impact management practice across sectors and will suit applicants at graduate level who want to deepen their experience and specialisation. More info here.
Please follow us on Linkedin to stay up to date on any roles as they are advertised.