Launch of Australia’s First Place-Based Impact Investment Fund in WA
The WA Impact Fund is Western Australia’s first investment fund to deliver measurable social, environmental and financial returns. The landmark $20M WA Impact Fund will support both asset based social and environmental impact investment projects, as well as social enterprise that delivers impact across sustainability, social mobility and inclusion, and support communities and jobs in WA.
As WA-based delivery partner for the WA Impact Fund managed by IIG, Impact Seed worked with fund partners in development of the investment mandate. Going forward Impact Seed’s role incorporates building pipeline and investee capacity for portfolio investments and providing cross-sector support and development targeting growth of the fund and co-investment opportunities across the mandate including:
- Regenerative Agriculture & For-Purpose Property
– Farming that improves biodiversity, enriches soils, supports bio-sequestration and/or improves water management.
– Social or affordable housing, and property for non-profits and other community groups.
- WA Social Enterprises (late seed-stage)
– Trading, post-revenue social enterprises driven by a social and/or environmental impact mission seeking growth funds.
- Rooftop solar, batteries and energy efficiency for community assets
– Including community housing, aged care, schools, childcare and community centres.
We are excited for the launch of the first place-based fund of its kind in Australia, and thrilled for the opportunities it affords the development of a thriving impact investment and social enterprise market that supports positive social, cultural and economic impact for WA communities.
Early in 2020 we will be holding a series of information sessions on the WA Impact Fund. Funders, investors, advisors and entrepreneurs are encouraged to attend these sessions which will outline the investment mandate and potential opportunities for WA investors, funders and entrepreneurs.
Click here to register your interest in upcoming WA Impact Fund information sessions, or if you are interested in our advisory or project development services.