Australia’s First Place-Based Impact Investment Fund Creating WA Impact
The WA Impact Fund is Western Australia’s first investment fund to deliver intentional social, environmental, cultural and economic returns. Developed in partnership between Impact Seed and Impact Investment Group, and anchored by Aware Super in 2020, it is designed as a ‘deep impact’ fund which seeks robust social, cultural, environmental and economic returns, with a focus on investments that can also create systems-level and catalytic impacts.
Alongside a strong local Advisory Board with deep experience and capability, Impact Seed acts as local investment manager in partnership with Impact Investment Group. We support pipeline development, capacity building, investment readiness, deployment and scaling of the fund. The WAIF mandate includes:
- Regenerative Agriculture & For-Purpose Property
– Farming that improves biodiversity, enriches soils, supports bio-sequestration and/or improves water management.
– Social or affordable housing, and property for non-profits and other community groups.
- WA Social Enterprises (late seed-stage)
– Trading, post-revenue social enterprises driven by a social and/or environmental impact mission seeking growth funds.
- Rooftop solar, batteries and energy efficiency for community assets
– Including community housing, aged care, schools, childcare and community centres.
We are excited to support deployment of the WA Impact Fund, the first place-based fund of its kind in Australia. If you are seeking investment or partnerships across this mandate, please get in touch through the EOI link below.