Launch of Australia’s First Place-Based Impact Investment Fund in WA
The WA Impact Fund is Western Australia’s first investment fund to deliver measurable social, environmental and financial returns.This landmark Fund, seeded at $20M by cornerstone investor WA Super and managed by Impact Investment Group, will support both asset based social and environmental impact investment projects, as well as social enterprise that delivers impact across sustainability, social mobility and inclusion, and support communities and jobs in WA.
As WA-based delivery partner for the Fund, Impact Seed worked with fund partners in development of the investment mandate, and going forward Impact Seed’s role will incorporate investor / investee education across sectors targeting fund scaling and co-investment opportunities, and building pipeline for portfolio investments including:
- Regenerative Agriculture & For-Purpose Property
– Farming that improves biodiversity, enriches soils, supports bio-sequestration and/or improves water management.
– Social or affordable housing, and property for non-profits and other community groups.
- WA Social Enterprises (late seed-stage)
– Trading, post-revenue social enterprises driven by a social and/or environmental impact mission seeking growth funds.
- Rooftop solar, batteries and energy efficiency for community assets
– Including community housing, aged care, schools, childcare and community centres.
We are excited for the launch of the first place-based fund of its kind in Australia, and thrilled for the opportunities it affords the development of a thriving impact investment and social enterprise market that supports positive social, cultural and economic impact for WA communities.
Early in the new year we will be holding information sessions on the WA Impact Fund. Funders, investors, advisors and entrepreneurs are encouraged to attend these sessions which will outline the investment mandate and potential opportunities for WA investors, funders and entrepreneurs.
Click here to register for upcoming WA Impact Fund information sessions.
Click here to download a brochure with more investment details.