Launch of Australia’s First Place-Based Impact Investment Fund in WA
The WA Impact Fund is Western Australia’s first investment fund to deliver measurable social, environmental and financial returns. The landmark $20M WA Impact Fund will support both asset based social and environmental impact investment projects, as well as social enterprise that delivers impact across sustainability, social mobility and inclusion, and support communities and jobs in WA.
Impact Seed is the local partner in the WA Impact Fund managed by Impact Investment Group. From introductions and development of the investment mandate through to launch, we now support investor education, investee-readiness, market development and fund scaling across the mandate including:
- Regenerative Agriculture & For-Purpose Property
– Farming that improves biodiversity, enriches soils, supports bio-sequestration and/or improves water management.
– Social or affordable housing, and property for non-profits and other community groups.
- WA Social Enterprises (late seed-stage)
– Trading, post-revenue social enterprises driven by a social and/or environmental impact mission seeking growth funds.
- Rooftop solar, batteries and energy efficiency for community assets
– Including community housing, aged care, schools, childcare and community centres.
We are excited for the launch of the first place-based fund of its kind in Australia in 2020, and thrilled for the opportunities it affords the development of a thriving impact investment and social enterprise market that supports positive social, cultural and economic impact for WA communities.
Over coming months we will be holding a series of information sessions for funders, investors, advisors, corporates and entrepreneurs to learn more about the WA Impact Fund, catalytic social investment and impact management. Click here to register your interest in our upcoming events or our advisory services.